The purpose is to give children a chance to see other children on the same walk as them! The goal is to provide opportunities for the kids to learn things of Yah with a focus on practical application.
How to Join
To join, please click the JOIN button that appears at the top of every page. You will be prompted to read an Intro Letter, then prompted to complete an Interest Form. Additional information is provided below.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
Below are answers to common questions about Kids Zoom. We will grow this list based on questions we hear most.
Click on a question below to reveal the answer.
The purpose is for children in families who follow Torah to see other children who are on the same walk! The goal is to give our kids opportunities to learn things of Yah with other kids with a focus on practical application to their daily lives as children.
The Kids Zoom is not affiliated with any denomination, parent organization, fellowship or assembly. Furthermore, Kids Zoom is not incorporated nor is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization. It is simply an independent event started & run by three Moms walking in Torah. There was a simple desire for their children to connect and see other kids worshiping Yah who believe and live like them.
We try to keep our format as simple as possible. A typical meeting includes things such as:
- Opening Song & Interactive Games
- Studying Torah or Brit passage (e.g., Ten Commandments or the Fruits of the Spirit)
- Hebrew Letters or Words (for fostering a Berean mentality; Acts 17:11, 2 Timothy 2:15)
The format is interactive to foster group learning and critical thinking.
Interactivity may include Kid Presenters asking other kids questions or presenting on various topics scheduled in advance.
A parent, grandparent, or legal guardian of the children who participate in Kids Zoom must supervise their child(ren) at all times, including the optional open forum that takes place afterwards. Children should not be left unattended while the Zoom meeting is in progress.
All Kids Zoom classes are recorded for quality assurance & training purposes. In accordance with children privacy laws and for peace of mind of the families involved, the recordings are kept private and not published publicly.
We are working on a promotional video that will show highlights of past classes. Once that video is finished and we have the appropriate parental consent, we will publish it here on this website!
Truly, the best way to see what Kids Zoom is like is to experience it firsthand. We invite parents Join a Trial Class in order to decide if this is the right fit for their child(ren).
Shabbat Kids Zoom is completely free. There is no cost for participation. We simply ask for your prayers, specifically for our classes, the children involved, and the teachers.
Occasionally parents express interest in donating funds to help cover class materials, such as the Bible Pathway Adventures packets. Just speak with a Teacher if you have this interest. It is a big blessing when parents help offset the expenses, but no parent should feel obligated to contribute anything financially.
Our prayer is that you receive a blessing to your family by way of the Ruach moving through Shabbat Kids Zoom as our children gather to learn & fellowship. Some adults have even reported learning from the children, which is a tremendous blessing!
The Primary Teacher is a co-founding mom of the Kids Zoom! She or a Backup Teacher serves as a facilitator to move the scheduled lessons along as the kids come together and share what they have studied throughout the week by answering questions, engaging in games and looking at scriptures. Every teacher who serves within Kids Zoom has a heart for our children to see them grow in Yah.
This website has a 3-fold purpose:
(1) BROCHURE. This website ultimately serves as an online brochure to cover the "Who, What, When, Where, and Why" of Kids Zoom. Now we have centralized place to disseminate information for parents/grandparents/guardians interested in knowing more about Kids Zoom! In a similar vein, this website also empowers parents and assemblies without a children's ministry to easily and appropriately refer other parents, as we require all families to go through our Join Process.
(2) RESOURCES. We know firsthand how difficult it can be to find child-friendly and age-appropriate resources online for families who follow Torah. So as we come across those type of resources, we will post them on our Resources Page to create a one-stop shop for parents that lists popular and even obscure finds that they may wish to explore for their family. For example, we have links to resources such as Paleo Hebrew flash cards, Paleo Hebrew coloring book, recommended books or other materials.
(3) KID LOGIN. Last, but certainly not least, we desire this website to be a fun, Kid-Focused website for kids participating in Kids Zoom! The vision is for children participating in Kids Zoom to log into this website throughout the week to access relevant materials about the previous or upcoming classes, including fun videos and games. Please pray for Kids Zoom as this feature is in the works and will take a few months to complete. Join our mailing list to be notified once this new feature is complete!
Praise the Most High for being able to use a website for this in such a time as this! HalleluYAH.